Friday, October 10, 2008

The House!

Here is the AWESOME house that Preston built and that we are so fortunate to live in. However as I was taking these pictures I realized that I have not decorated at all since we moved in. So sorry. It looks very bare, but hopefully soon I will hang pictures, curtains, etc.


I took this picture so I could show you how it looked with the Wayne's coat and the blue. It turned out awesome and I love the contrast of the dark hardwood floors.




I love having the Fireplace. It will be great for this winter. Again, Preston did an awesome job. And above the fireplace is a little something that Preston bought for himself for all his hard work. He totally deserved it!


P.S. We still have to do all the wiring for the TV so that is not what it will always look like...well hopefully not. :)



Here is the Kitchen. And there is the builder himself. We are so proud of him. This experience of building and finishing our own home was so long, annoying and exhausting, but in the end we are very pleased. We saved a lot of money which is always worth it!




Look under the Micro hood. See that little faucet? Out of everything in our house people seem to like that the best. It's a pot filler. It was Preston's idea and I love it!


We have an Ice Maker! Hurray! That is my favorite thing. All the water and Ice I can possibly want!


I wish I could get a better picture of this. This is the shower that Preston just had to have. Of course he did it. I LOVE the tile. I picked out the pebbly rock thingies.



Even the turtle got a new home.


We feel so blessed and are grateful for this experience. It has taught us so much!


12 comments:

andrea said...

How cute! (talking about lincoln that is!)

The house is stinking awesome!! How nice! Way to go Preston!! It's nice to see him on the blog.

I hate to break it to you but....I'm pretty sure that it's not Wayne's coat on the walls but wainscot!! Oh, I'm laughing! You're so funny. I love, love, love ya!!!

Daniel and Tiffany Dunn said...

wow! i am VERY impressed that is the most beautiful house! i LOVE the colors! Good job both of you!!

Katie said...

Well, I feel dumb. :) I thought that's how you spelled it. Good thing I didn't build the house. :)

Quinn and Ashley said...

I am so jealous!! I think Preston and you did a great job on the house. Do I see a little red underwear butt of Everetts?? Oh man I miss you guys!

Me and My Boys said...

I am so jeaulous, I totaly love your style I love the bead board!I showed Anthony the faucet above the stove and LOVES it say's it genuis! To cool for words.

shauna said...

That is so nice! It really looks amazing. I am very impressed. I love the blue and white. It looks great together. The floors also contrast so well. It is just beautiful. I am jealous. Very jealous. I will have to ask for your help in design when we finally get a house. And Preston totally deserves the TV.

OK, I think Lincoln looks like Preston. I have never been able to figure who he looks like but I think now he looks likes Preston.

Elise said...

Ok, first of all the day I was suppose to call you I got the flu and was dead for like two days.

Second your house is amazing! There are many things I love...
-the wood floors and the three tones it has to it
-your counter tops
-the wreath in your living room (kind of random- those are my favorite and it's hard to find a cute one)
-detail in the shower
-the cabinet with the glass in the door
-gas stove

Third, did you ever take your turtle to the vet?

Fourth, your cabinets look great I assume they got fixed?

Here's the Story said...

Wow! That is sooo beautiful Kathryn! I am so happy for you! It looks so comfortable... like a real home!!! I must say though that your last picture completely upstaged all of your house pictures! What a cute boy you have! All of my sentences end with an exclamation mark!!!!!

mindy said...

gorgeous!! will he come do our kitchen when we finally have the money to redo it?

Joe and Mary said...

So when is my house going to be ready Preston?

Caralee and Jon said...

Wow, that looks so great inside!! I love the faucet and shower and kitchen! Oh a house!! Someday!

Stephanie said...

Hey Katie! This is Stephanie, your cousin. Your house is so awesome! I'm jealous...me and my husband will build eventually but for now we're moving about every two years so it's hard to do with that kind of schedule!