Sunday, April 5, 2009

Conference

I love Conference! Everything about Conference. The talks were amazing.
I feel so strong and empowered after Conference.

My mother instilled a love of Conference in both my siblings and myself.
We never missed Conference. Never.
Our family attended every session together.

I remember when I was in High school, and my track team had a meet on the Saturday of Conference. I wanted to go to that meet so bad, but knew that not only would I disappoint my mother, but I would be disappointing myself and my Heavenly Father.

I feel such a strong need and desire to instill that love of Conference in my own children's hearts.
I don't think you can ever realize how hard something is until you are actually the one doing it.
Sometimes I look at my mother and think, "How did she do that? How are all her children righteous good people?"
None of us are perfect, but we all try so hard to do what's right.

This past week has been so overwhelming on so many different levels. But the amazing thing is that just when I start to feel like I have hit my limit, the Lord sends me so many blessings. Like watching my little sister open her mission call.

I've watched Rose struggle with this decision over and over again. But when she opened that letter and read aloud that she would be serving the people of Winnipeg Canada, I knew that the Lord had been guiding her. That he had been watching her and cheering her on.

Just like he guides us all.

I'm so thankful that Conference helps remind me of who I am, and what my purpose is. Where my strengths lie and my weaknesses.

I hope that everyone had a great Conference weekend!

3 comments:

shauna said...

Ben and saw the pictures of Rose on her facebook. Congratulations! We even looked it up on a map.

There were a few highlights of conference but my favorite was the talk on teaching your children respect for others. That was just what I needed to hear because I need to show my children that I have respect for them.

My brother just got a puppy. It is a shihtzu too. You should check out their blog. It the Hancock's.

I was pretty sad during the priesthood session. It just wasn't fun without you there to pick a book. I found all these different books that looked so interesting but I didn't know which one you would want. We need to make plans to pick a book together.

andrea said...

aw you are awesome. SO I SO know what you mean, about how stinking hard it is to teach kids. How did mom get us all to love conference? I never remembered complaining about it ever. I always remember it being awesome. I wonder if I'm forgetting some years?

Being a mom can be really hard sometimes.

Kali Leenstra said...

Congrats to your sister! wow so much has happened since I last checked your blog. You got a dog and it looks like Everett loves her. I also loved conference and thought it was a great way to celebrate Easter.