Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Socks, Chocolate, and a Good Book.

Christmas Rocked!
I wish I could put pictures up, but my computer has a pornographic virus! I know!! Gross huh? So I have to use my husbands work computer so as not to send my soul down to hell.

Anyway, For Christmas I got socks, chocolate, and a book (amongst a few other things), but I ask you is there anything better than those three things? I think not.

I put on a pair of my cute striped socks, grabbed a chocolate, propped my feet up, and started to read my book. Then to my shock and horror my book had a lesbian love scene in it, and I will be taking that book back to Barnes and Noble ASAP!

Is everyone a pervert? I swear.

Don't worry though I found another book and then proceeded to eat my chocolate.

I just finished, "These is my words", by Nancy Turner.

I LOVE that book with a passion! Lesbian love scene book I loathe with a passion, but "These is my words", is so amazingly good.

You have to read it! I laughed out loud on many occasions and cried as well.

The boys had a great Christmas and so did Preston.
We hope all of you had a wonderful one as well.

8 comments:

RPH said...

I would be in heaven with the same gifts. Chocolate, socks and a good book...minus the nasty stuff of course!

Glad you liked These is My Words. Its one of my favorites.

Michael and Denise said...

You make us laugh! Thank you. Enjoy your non-lesbian love scene books!

Me and My Boys said...

I tried to leave a comment earlier, but on my laptop, for some reason my "g" "h" and "backspace" button's weren't working, I never knew how much I actually used those letters and that device. Anywho....your book, "these are my words" they read that in my book club but I didn't get a chance to read it, but if you say it's good, I'll have to read it now! All though I do enjoy a good lesbian scene in my books. ;) p.s. I just saw a preview for a movie that's called "the lovely bones" is that the same book you were talking about that was horrid?

Me and My Boys said...

p.s.s. have you ever watched the movie "Calender Girls?" Sounds scandalous, but it's based on a true story it's about these older women in Europe...well you'll just have to trust me it's really cute, at least I hope you think so. I just made Anthony watch it last night, and he thought it was really good.

shauna said...

What was the bad book? I'm wondering if it is a book that I like. I read fried green tomatoes by fannie flagg and there wasn't a scene but you knew that was what they were going to do.

I had a dream about you last night. Funny enough we had moved back to Idaho. Talk to you later.

andrea said...

I'm glad you finally read that! You have to read the next book it's really good too. Star Garden or Sarah's quilt.

Daniel and Tiffany Dunn said...

Yes everyone is a pervert!

Cherry Blossoms said...

So glad you had an Awesome Christmas! Do you belong to GoodReads.com? Its awesome...you can keep track of all the books you have read and all the books you want to {plus share reviews with friends and such}.

Anyway just wanted to stop by and say hey!

Miss you guys!

Ki