It was raining, it always rains on important days in my life. Weird huh?
Anyway, Preston and I ran through the rain and he knelt down on both knees (in the mud I might add), and asked me to marry him.
Today I said, "Preston, you should think of something romantic for us to do on this historical day". His reply was, "That's like asking me to lactate, it's not going to happen". (OK, that sounds like he was being mean, but really he was just saying that he doesn't know how to be romantic, or at least he thinks he doesn't. I just wanted to add that in so Preston doesn't receive angry phone calls telling him he should read "The proper care and feeding of wives", if a book like that does exists. :)
Well, whether he's romantic by nature or not I'm so glad I said yes.
Today is also Tanners Birthday (Preston's little Brother)!
I love you Tanner! You crack me up!


6 comments:
Don't give up hope Kathryn, there have actually been documented cases of men lactating...you could look it up on the internet and prove it to Preston...or not...ya probably not, but true story. That is sweet and cute that you remember the day. I honestly have no idea what day it was when Kyle asked me.
I love it! I totally don't know what day Jon proposed to me either! I have said that very thing to Jon, hey can't you do something romantic today!?! He is always like that too! Sometimes they surprise us, just not when we want them to huh?
Sometimes I feel like we lived identical lives before we met. Ben and I danced in the rain when he proposed.
Being romantic all depends on what your definition is. For some romantic has to include candle light, love songs, moonlit walks, or even a boat in some way. But I think being romantic is just showing love in their own way. After we had Heidi Ben knew I still wanted to continue my schooling. I already had a bachelors degree and so he looked into me getting my masters. He tried to see if the University of Pheonix would work for me so that I could be a stay at home mom and also get my masters. I thought that was romantic. And, Preston read Twilight...that was REALLY nice of him. And romantic in that he tried to love something that you love. Ben just got back from the store buying milk so that I could have hot chocolate with milk instead of just water. He offered to go on his own because he didn't want me to have water hot chocolate...he loves me.
This was a fun post. And actually something that I have been thinking about for my book (not that I have had any time to write more)
I love that picture of you and Tanner! So cute!
You two are adorable...I agree with shauna, our great husbands are romantic in their own little ways-I love it! I think Scotty is the most romantic ever but others might differ :P BTW when will the lia sophia stuff come in...I am so anxious for my necklace!! In case you don't have my number it is 359 7249
hey Katie! I just realized that I've been checking out your blog and don't think I have left a comment! So, here's the first! You are so adorable...as are your kids. Also, I am making my blog private so I need your email address so I can invite you to read it!
Post a Comment