Thursday, March 6, 2014

Waiting for Happiness

I'm hoping that no one reads blogs anymore because then this can become my online journal. :) I find comfort in this old blog for some reason. There is so much history here.

Well, I've put on a pretty good front for a while, but moving to Montana has been hard. I can't figure out what it is.
Is it this little apartment that's hard, after having our amazing, big beautiful house that was completely done, comfy, and familiar?
Is it the lack of friends and support?
Is it the change in culture? Now we see smoking, drinking, gross billboards and bumper stickers and people with bad manners and language.
I really can't figure out what it is. But I did find something...
"We shouldn't wait to be happy until we reach some future point, only to discover that happiness was already available all the time." -Dieter F. Uchtdorf
Maybe that's it. Maybe I'm waiting for a house and friends and comforts that I do not have to MAKE me happy, when the choice to be happy is already here.
Everyone on Facebook is doing this 100 happy days. I don't necessarily want to do that, but I do want to write down every Friday on my blog things that I am grateful for or things that I find joy and happiness in. My goals, my dreams, my hopes. This should be fun. I think it will help.
Sometimes I look at this old blog and look at my old posts and I'm so grateful that they are there.
What a great way to use media! See you tomorrow my dear old friend.
(Maybe I should change my blogs name to "dear old friend"...hmmm, I'll think about it.)

4 comments:

Here's the Story said...

Hey Kathryn...you don't get your wish, cause I read your blog...haha, sorry for the invasion of your online privacy :0 ) I wish that we lived close by and then we could visit and I could cheer you up on those kind of days. BTW, I'm not of FB anymore but if you have the same email you did eons ago, I'll shoot you an email. We are going to Idaho by way of Montana and depending on what part you're in it would be cool to meet up for lunch or something. Hope you are doing well!

Danielle:0 )

Katie said...

Hey! Well I'm happy that you read it! You are awesome! My email is lees.kathryn@gmail.com. Send me an email!

Rose and Caleb said...

I like dear old friend :) i am so happy to read your blog! I think having friday be things you are grateful for is a superb idea!!

Anonymous said...

约炮交友直播间平台 , 交友吧 , 美女视频直播 , 国际交友网站 , 徵婚交友网站 , 相亲网 , 徵婚交友讨论区 , 免费视频聊天 , 视讯聊天室 , 104meme影音视讯聊天室