Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween

Ironically enough Everett's favorite part of Halloween was giving the treats not receiving them. Which was great! He had a lot of fun being the very hungry caterpillar and I was happy that people knew what he was. When you make a costume with no pattern, I think you're just really hoping that people will know what you were trying to pull off, and it definitely was a success. Everett loved wearing it and it kept him nice and toasty!


Teenagers, I swear you just can't live without them. Some teenagers played a prank on us and stole our pumpkin. We are forever grateful to them. It needed to be stolen. Preston and I really didn't want to dispose of it. We had carved it early, and knew that it would be nice and moldy by Halloween, and sure enough it was. Thanks to those crazy teenagers who probably contracted some sort of disease from handling it, Preston and I don't have to deal with it. Hurray!


All in all Halloween was a success. I love Halloween! Rarely do you get to witness Dorthy beating up on the scarecrow and winning.

Or a witch hugging a pop star. I guess it's true what they say...

Halloween really does bring those with differences together, or it gives them a good reason to hash things out. Either way, what a night!

11 comments:

Valerie: said...

Looks like you had a fun Halloween and the costumes were cute. Yeah our pumpkin was all moldy too by halloween but we had no luck with anyone stealing it hehe

shauna said...

I can't believe you made that costume yourself! It is great! I'm glad you went with the caterpillar instead of Everett's first choice.

You look so pretty in that picture. How did a goofy scarecrow make such a catch?

I am wondering about that picture on the side, though. The one in your profile. When was that taken?

Janeen said...

Nice work on the hungry caterpillar! Very impressive. And the party was great!

Me and My Boys said...

The caterpillar costume is great, isn't it wonderful when they love what you make them? and I love your out look on the pumpkins being stollen!
p.s. we also dressed as the wizard of cast, sweet!!!

andrea said...

Cute! Awesome job on everett's costume!!

andrea said...

that pic of lincoln on the side bar cracks me up!! He is so you!!

shauna said...

To change your background you will have to start by making setting the template at minima. So go to customize, the layout tab should pop up and then click on 'pick new template'. Set it to minima-that should be the first one. Make that switch and then you go back to the page elements and hit 'add a gadget' This is where you will paste your new background. To find a background you will need to go to a different site to look at them. I have a ling on my blog to some new ones. There is also a Lou lou blog that has cute ones, too. That might be confusing so give me a call if you need help! I won't mind talking you through it!

Daniel and Tiffany Dunn said...

Ugg i am so annoyed, i've been trying to send you pictures of the party but my email is not letting me. sorry. there really are some cute pics! especially of you guys dancing! oh and the one of all of us. i will get it some day!! the party was awesome!! Its crazy, i drive past your house almost every day. Who knew you were so close??

shauna said...

we almost picked this same layout! Let me tell you one of my pet peeves about blogs-I hate when people will pick a cute blog background that is dark and then pick a light color for the text. I don't like it because when they page is loading it will do the text first and the back ground second. So, if you have a text that is written in white, or yellow, or light pink you can't read the blog until it is all fully loaded. I know-what a petty thing to get annoyed at but I do. I am glad to see that you didn't do that. You have a nice dark text color that I can read even if the background is taking a while to load. (Can you tell that I am a totally impatient person who isn't even willing to wait the four seconds it takes for a page to fully load?)

Anonymous said...

Did I hear you made all those costumes? You are so talented. I love the caterpillar costume! I love your new blog layout too.

Sokimna said...

You guys always know how to have a good time! Thanks for sharing this photos. Everett looks great in that costume! Way to go mom for having the patience to make that costume!