Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Dreams

We took Dolly to the Vet yesterday. Dolly is 100 % healthy and the Vet just thought she was great. He told me I couldn't have asked for a better temperament in a dog/puppy. He said she was so patient, tolerant, forgiving and friendly.
I was so happy that he thought she was wonderful, and to top it off he said she had such pretty coloring.

So needless to say I was very pleased.

Everett also had the time of his life at the Veterinarian Clinic. I didn't even think of what a momentous occasion it would be for him.

The vet assistants were so nice and immediately realized Everett's love for animals.


They took him on a tour and he got to meet all the animals that were there. He even got to go in the "back room", where all the medicine and supplies are and where the surgery's take place.

The Vet showed him pictures of animal bones and muscles in his vet book, and Everett loved every moment.


While the Vet was examining Dolly Everett said, "Don't traumatize her." The Vet looked at me and said, "Did he just say traumatize? How old is he? He is one smart kid."

Everett amazes me every day!

The best part about being a mother is watching and helping your child fulfill their dreams. I don't know if Everett will work with animals when he gets older, but watching him learn and grow and be in his "element" was so rewarding.
I asked him after we left, "Everett are you going to be a Veterinarian and help animals?".
He looked up with surprise and said, "No mom, I'm going to BE an animal."
Well, we all have to have a dream right?

7 comments:

andrea said...

oh that last line cracked me up! I CANNOT wait to see you guys next month!!! Yippie yay!

I heard on the radio that there was a study that people pick dogs that look like them. You picked beautiful dolly and I picked Verlie! What does that say about me!! LOL

ps. you are so sweet.

shauna said...

It's a good thing that you have a dog now. That way, when Everett decides to begin his career as an animal Preston will be used to have animals in the house. I hope he always loves animals like this.

I would be excited to see you next month but I don't think it is going to happen. I have no car available to drive up. Maybe something will come up but it is not looking good.

Daniel and Tiffany Dunn said...

Ha ha i love it! of course he's going to BE an animal!! We always tell Wesley that Katie can't do stuff because she's too little, one day he said, "When Katie turns a boy, then she can be big like me." Kids have such an interesting angle of life!!

hey i wanted to ask you what the name of that Jewelry party was. i want to look it up online. i really regret not getting a certain ring when i had the chance. when i got home from the party and told Daniel that i almost bought a $45 ring, thinking he'd go nuts. He said, only $45? you should have gotten it! UGGGG!!

Tiffany said...

Love his response. He and Weiland can be animals together. And where did he get traumatize? Too cute!

Caralee and Jon said...

Holy cow!! What kind of preschool are you running over there? I need to send garett to yours! Everett is amazing...traumatize? So cool! He is so funny! The last line totally made me laugh.

Elise said...

Every time I go down the toy isle and see real looking animals I think of Everett!! That is so funny he wants to BE an animal

Sokimna said...

hey, sweet thang! i belive you owe me a cake! =D Marsha is gone! I'm so sad! How are you guys doing? Come visit us. we still have sunday dinners!