And as I soaped up for my grand adventure of sliding down the slip n' slide how did I feel...excited? yes. free? yes. adventurous? yes. graceful? definitely not. I skidded to a halt and it really hurt, and might I add very painful for a nursing mother.

But...I did win a cake for my failed attempt. They didn't believe I would do it or go down it with all my clothes on for that matter.
Yum, that cake was to die for!
Others had more graceful attempts.


The joys of childhood. I'm going to make it a point to realize more childhood dreams.

By the way...my camera works again. I wish it would make up it's mind. I'm back in the Photo challenge, until it decides to die again.
6 comments:
when i was a kid, two of my biggest and most-dreamed fantasies were:
1. that I was an AMAZING roller skater. this one was particularly prevalent after going to the skating rink.
2. that I was equally fabulous at the monkey bars. I was fine at monkey bars, as good as most kids, but i had visions of whipping across them, true monkey-style.
i've gotten much better at skating over the years--and roller blades were a big part of that!--but my monkey bar skills have pretty much died.
Your live traffic feed makes me feel like a loser because it always says memphis, tennessee or it says schtaylor. I am just pathetic and love checking to see what you are up to. So I picked the new soul song. I had actually seen a commercial with that song on it and I loved the song but had no clue what it was. So, that is your ring tone. Your post makes me miss University Village. We like Memphis but I just miss being so close to everyone and getting together to hang out.
i was just telling shauna how embarrassing that live traffic feed is.
okay now i am really a loser. i just watched your live traffic feed in real time for awhile.
interesting, however i have no life.
that's awesome! I have looked longingly at the old slip and slide a few times myself but never dared it!
Ahhh, that makes me miss those Rexburg summer days.
Post a Comment