10 years ago...
You know I really can't remember what I was doing ten years ago.
I remember lots of early morning seminary, lots of crushes on boys, lots of cross country practices, lots of writing music, and tons of time enjoying my family and being a kid!
5 years ago...
I was engaged to Preston, and Married! OK, I'm totally making that sound so simple. I feel in love with Preston the moment he held my hand. Which he totally did on our first date. Something I would NEVER do! AND...I totally conned him into kissing me. Long story, maybe for another time.
(I tried putting an engagement picture on, but it wouldn't work. Sorry.)

3 years ago...
I had the best time of my life and did most of my growing up. I was a Head Resident, while being a mom, student, wife, and avid church goer. (I'm always an avid church goer...I thought I would just add that in to make the list seem longer and more difficult:). It was so challenging, but very rewarding!
Here I am with my RA's!

I miss those crazy girls! I've never had so much fun in all my life...

Or worked so hard and laughed so much! I miss it.

And the most important thing that I've ever done all started with this little guy. I can't believe he'll be 4 in March!

1 year ago...
I was faced with one of the most challenging trials of my life, Bell's palsy. I never thought of myself as a vain person, but all of the sudden what I looked like was the only thing I could think of. I took a picture of myself when my Bell's palsy was at it's worst so I could see how far I would come. To be grateful for where I am today. I just can't believe I'm posting it for all the world to see. It is so scary looking and I was so sick, but I have learned so much about myself and the strength I have within.
This is me trying to smile.

But through all that I concurred! I graduated! Bell's palsy and all! Something I thought I would never do.

Thanks Janeen for this tag. It made me realize how blessed I am, and how grateful I am for my life! I know the future will be as wonderful as the past!

I tag Andrea, Shauna, Danielle, and Tiffany! Try and post pictures of 10, 5, 3 and 1. Enjoy a flash from the past!
8 comments:
Thanks for the tag. I hope you enjoy the pictures.
I feel bad about your bells palsy. I feel bad that you had to go through that and that you worried about your looks. Believe me, even at your "worst" you still look great. You are just pretty regardless if you can smile or not. You were still beautiful mauger the bells palsy.
(Dude, we are doing good with that word!)
Kathryn, that was a fun post! thanks for tagging me! I'm so glad i know you, you are so much fun! I have to tell you, when i saw you at the party, after not seeing you since what, JUNE? I remembered how fun you are! and i also thought, didn't she have bells palsy?? it's completely gone!! right? at least on the outside (i don't know very much at all about bells palsy) you are, and have always been beautiful, in fact Daniel had no idea you even had it! he said, "no i always thought she just had a pretty face." Congrats on making bells palsy look good!!!
I didn't know you had bells palsy, how scary, I can't even imagine, I love all your pics, and did you get bangs? I haven't seen you in awhile.
It was so good to talk to you today! So does Bells palsy come back or do you ever get rid of it sorry I don't know much about it. You totally look great and I agree at the worst you still look beautiful. What a fun post!
Thanks for being a part of my first tag! I love the pictures. Where have you been all those years? :) We missed out on some good years of friendship! Truthfully though, I'm glad to know you now and it's great to see what was going on before we were neighbors. And sometimes it's nice to reflect- isn't it? It made me realize I have accomplished something, though it's not always evident from day to day.
Katie,
This was so sweet! Way to go! You have had an awesome life so far! And way to be brave with the Bells Palsy stuff. I'm sure you will help some people with that!
I can't wait to do this one!
ps...I like your bangs!
I am so in love with your hair, I love the bangs and color. SO CUTE!
Post a Comment