
Saturday Night

Sunday Afternoon
Saturday afternoon I went to my baby shower. It was so much fun! We ate yummy treats and had pedicures and manicures. I got awesome gifts from all of my wonderful, dear friends. The baby shower ended around 4:30. Then at 6 Preston, Everett, and I went out to dinner with our friends at this new Italian place here in Rexburg. It had been such a great day. After dinner we planned to go over to our friends house and watch a movie. As I got out of the car I felt a pop and then all this water went running down my legs. I was in shock! People's water breaks only on the movies...not in real life! Anyway, to make a long story short at around 7 am in the morning I headed over to the hospital. I had been having strong contractions all night long. I was preparing myself to go to the hospital and have them say I was only at a 3. Well, luckily I was at an 8! I stayed at the hospital and Preston, Kelly (my doula), and I walked the hospital halls telling each other jokes and getting excited for when the moment would come for us to see little Lincoln. Everything went so great! He was born at 12:40, weighing in at 8 lbs and 19 1/2 inches long. I was able to have a natural delivery just like I had hoped and planned. I feel very blessed!
He is so cute! I thought that Everett would have a really hard time dealing, but I am amazed at how much he loves his baby brother. Everett is very protective of Lincoln and likes to hold him and "pet" him on the head. Lincoln already has his very own little personality. He loves to eat, and is very patient. He is a very happy and easy baby. We are all doing well and are so grateful for our new little addition to the Lees Family!
10 comments:
What a handsome little boy. It is amazing how small they are. Does he look like Everett did? Congratulations. Ben was excited that you went with Lincoln Thomas because his middle name is also Thomas! I can't wait to see you guys again.
Congratulations Lees family!! He looks so cute. I can tell he belongs to your family. Kathryn you are a awesome woman!!!
Holey Crap!! How fun! I am so excited for you guys. At the baby shower you said that you updated your blog like everyday... I was wondering what was happening!! YEAH! you have another child!! :)
CONGRATULATIONS! I wish your water would have broke and the baby shower! That would have been so cool! I can't believe it did when it did! That's amazing. You look amazing in the pictures. Only you can give birth and then look absolutely beautiful an hour later. I am so happy that Everett loves baby Lincoln. Yay! I am just so happy for you!
congratulations and welcome to the world, Lincoln!
Oh I Love It!!! Congratulations!!! It's so great have two kids. He looks simply wonderful.
congratulations on your new addition. Everett has grown up so much.
He is SOO cute! I could die! I am making something cute for him and I finally finished your eye mask today! YAY!
love ya
keep those pics coming!
Oh! Congratulations!! I love the name Lincoln. I'm so glad you had fun at your baby shower! I wish I could've come but I didn't RSVP in time! :-( I'm so glad Everett is such a good older brother, hopefully Garett will be the same when we get pregnant again, cuz by then he'll be much older. You do look amazing in the pics for just having a baby! You're so pretty and such a good mother! Congrats! Let me know if I can do anything to help! Babysit, meal, etc. I'd be happy to!
Yay!! i'm so happy for you! its crazy that we saw you at the shower and you were JUST fine and happy and entergetic as usual! it was probably all the standing around in the parking lot we did after wards. I kept thinking, if i were pregnant i could NEVER stand there for even 5 minutes but you were there for like an hour!! Congrats! what a cute little family!!! i'm staying far far away beause my family is sick but i look forward to seeing you all soon... i hope! :)
Post a Comment