Monday, June 9, 2008

Coffession of a Clean Freak.

I love to clean. I love to have my house clean, and to tell you the truth I'm a little OCD. I find joy in taking care of my things and I think when you have a clean house it helps in keeping your things nice.

Now for the confession:
I have not been my cleaning OCD self lately. Partly because I have Lincoln now, and we are still adjusting to our new life. And partly because Preston is not here to lend an extra hand. The confession is that I'm coming to terms with my house being untidy (not dirty and gross, just untidy. I thought I'd clarify that) and I'm not freaking out about it.

Now don't get me wrong. I want a clean house, that's a given, but I want to be able to enjoy my life. I want to be able to live in our home. I think that when you are freaking out too much about making a mess, you're not really living in your home. Your always cleaning up and always stressing out. At least that's how my life was before Lincoln.

Now, during the day we live, and at night my OCD self comes out and I clean like crazy. And then the next day we do it all over again. I'm grateful for this new found freedom. I'm grateful to treasure the important things in life. Like coloring and painting and getting all the animals out to make a zoo. Playing to the fullest and not cleaning up while my child is playing.

Ahh, it feels good.

Little Rascal... I caught Everett drinking out of the carton. Gross. At least he was at the table.


A Monkey and his brother. Lincoln's so cute.


P.S. I decided not to go private with my blog. Thanks for voting and thanks for the email addresses. Sorry if it was inconvenient for you. I was throwing the idea out there. At least I can get in contact with you now. :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like Everett is drinking like a real man already. Great progress buddy!!!

Anonymous said...

Lincoln is getting so big! Hey and just to let you know if I come back to Idaho to visit I will let you know so we can do a family photo shoot. Your family would be so much fun!

Michelle said...

Your such a silly girl!! Your kids are so cute, I can't believe how big Lincoln has gotten since the last time I saw him. As far a making your blog private I think it is too much of a hassle and as long as you have you settings set right random people won't be able to find your blog at all unless they click on it from someone else's. And if you don't say where you live on your blog how would anyone know where you live. You could be in Mongolia for all they know. Anyway I haven't talked to you for like a week, how are you doing?

shauna said...

OK, whoever is the person leaving comments as Ben is a dork! I love this post because we really are kindred spirits! I am the same way about being clean and let me tell you it just gets harder. It seems like your house is never clean enough and then you have a constant struggle between letting your kids play and keeping your own sanity. Wait until you move into your house. Then his mess has even more room to grow and it does! I'm glad you are finding a way to let it go.

So get this...my mom wasn't mad at all but my sister and sister-in-law were. Weird. I don't see what the big deal was but apparently I was really rude by keeping it a secret.

shauna said...

Here's the funny thing about Ben-he never drinks out of the carton like that. He thinks it is gross. He is such a geek. But he makes me laugh!

mindy said...

i could use a little more OCD in the tidiness department. oh well.

and while everett is by far the cutest guy i've ever seen drinking out of a carton, that is one thing that thoroughly disgusts me. blargh!

Cheney's said...

It's funny I used to be really OCD about cleaning before Audree came. Especially the bathroom and kitchen!!! But it's true...I find I have a better day if I spend it with Audree and then clean later.
So did you throw that milk out after you caught Everett doing that? I think I would have. :)