Wednesday, June 25, 2008

It's almost done...and I hate people.

Ok, so the house is close to completion and I'm so sick of thinking about it I could puke. It has taken over our lives and Preston and I joke that once it's done we won't even want to move in. I don't know when we will be in, and I really don't wont' to speculate either...so I'll keep you posted.

The hardwood floors are looking awesome and I really love my sparkly flip flops! The bedrooms are tan and the bathrooms are yellow (There isn't any yellow posted).





Well, as you can see the walls are blue, it was a little scary to try such a bold color, but I think it has turned out well. You can also see the Wayne's coat and the trim that Preston created. He did an excellent job.




The yellow (which is not pictured), I'm not so sure about, but my mother-in-law is an interior decorator and promises me that it will look fabulous once all is said and done.
The funny thing is that I just had a conversation with my sister Andrea about how I don't really love yellow, and one of the colors that warms up a blue is yellow. So we will actually have quite a bit of yellow in our home.



My mother-in-law and I have already bought yellow pillows and various other things to put in the house once it is completed.
So...I guess I will have to start to like yellow.



And for the "I hate people" comment I really wish my friend Shauna was here with me so I could vent to her about how I hate people, and she would laugh and then I would get over it. So watch out, I am in no mood to please or be polite.

P.S. At the risk of sounding too bitter I will take my sister's advice and say what I am grateful for.

I'm grateful for dumb people, because without them I wouldn't know how smart and well put together I am. :)

3 comments:

shauna said...

Oh Kathryn, I hate people, too. In fact, I just want to throw things at people because they make me so mad. At least you are nice enough to like the dumb people. I just think "why can't everyone be like me?? Then things would be great." This may be weird because everyone can read it but I just want you to know that I love you. You are truly the best friend I have ever had. I am going to give you a call sometime soon because I think that I need a good laugh just as much as you do. Talk to you soon.

shauna said...

Oh yeah...love the blue and white! It may have been bold but it is so cute. I like yellow because it is such a happy color. Cute house.

Jeff, Nancy and Nathan said...

Hey Kathryn
Your house looks really good, and don't worry there will always be stupid people just ignore them. Talk to you later