OK, so have you ever been so excited about something, because it has all these possibilities, that you want it so bad, that you spend all your time dreaming and thinking about it? Then you decide to get it, and it's so wonderful at first.
Then all of the sudden it starts to take away other things that you love. For example, running with your friends, sewing, embroidering, sleeping, your energy, your money, and most importantly...your husband.
I'm talking about our house.
Every time I go over there I began to loathe it...almost to hate it, but hate is a strong word. Sometimes I guess the grass isn't greener on the other side. If for some mysterious reason our house burns to the ground and we collect the insurance for it and buy an ALREADY BUILT HOME...it wasn't me.
8 comments:
haha!! that's funny but just endure through and when you are comforable in your nice mansion, large yard and garage think of us that you left behind in these TINY no room, cramped, clostorphobic, always dirty, no where to put anything, 2 kids in one room (or more for some) where is the TV cable outlet, mini sized kitchen if we open the windows our neighbors can hear every word we say, have to keep it down so we don't wake up everyone in the complex, stray cats eating anything we put outside... oh i think i got carried away!! sorry, anyway, good luck! :)
I know exactly how you feel except mine isn't a house. It is another project that still has a month to go and I JUST WANT TO BE DONE!!!! It has also taken away my running, my sleep, my body, my money. I feel your pain but once you get through the last horrible few months then it is all worth it and you will love your new house. Don't worry, it will be done eventually.
I hate music on blogs. Hate is a strong word and I am using it in that sense. It is so annoying to be reading a blog and then all the sudden the music starts blaring. I hope I don't offend anyone who does put music on their blog. By the way, are you going to pre-order Breaking Dawn? I saw on the site that it is only about $13 if it is pre-ordered. Otherwise it is $23. But I am wondering if it is worth the extra ten dollars to have it at 8 in the morning versus 4 in the afternoon.
So that's why we haven't seen you around our neighborhood lately!Well, from an outsiders point of view, it's looking great. And though it seems like forever, it's gone pretty fast....faster than ours. Hang in there. We're excited to have you as neighbors!
oops I have music on my blog sorry Shauna! I have heard that building a house takes years off your life. My parents built two houses in my life time and I can tell you that it was extremely stressful, nothing ever goes the way it is supposed to, but the houses that my parents built were always better than any house they would have just bought. Hang in there.
Aww Kathryn, That is so sad. I am a little scared by what you say because it really rings true to me. Kyle and I are planning to build in about two years and the thought of the stress involved scares me out of my wits. We are just drawing up plans for fun right now and we can hardly agree on any of it already. Our styles and tastes are so different and that I am sure is not even the worst of it when you build a house. Not to change the subject but you want to hear something (read something I guess) funny. The other day Caleb had a dinosaur and was growling and making all kinds of funny noises and would only speak in "dinosaur" when we talked to him. Kyle asked him to come here or something like that and Caleb just growled at him and Kyle said "Okay Everett" ( said in a nice joking tone of voice not sarcastic or anything....things never come out the same when you type them) Anyway, I just thought that was cute.
Oh, I'm sorry. I guess I should have checked your blog before I emailed you about your house! Oh and sorry again Kathryn and Shauna I have music on my blog. Double strike there! Whoops! Well, I hope the house gets done soon!! IT will be nice once its all done though!
Tell me about it! Chris is over there working on his house right now. (it's 11:30 pm) I can't say "our" because we aren't actually going to live in it. And he missed a really fun croquet party tonight too. I haven't seen him much since march.
Post a Comment