Thursday, February 21, 2008

Thursday Night... Pizza Movie Night!


The Lees Family has two favorite nights of the week. Monday Night (Family Home Evening) and Thursday Night (Pizza Movie Night). We've had the tradition of Pizza Movie Night for about 5 months now. We love it! We pick out a movie from the Library, make homemade Pizza, and drink lemonade. It's nice for me (the Mom) to always have one meal of the week that I don't have to think about. Whether you have children or not everyone should have a fun night of kicking back and enjoying their family! What family traditions do you have that are fun?

5 comments:

shauna said...

For someone who has issues with blogging I am surprised each morning when I see that you have a new post. We don't have a whole family tradition besides our scripture reading each night. But one thing I have started in the last few months is 'special time'. We couldn't get Kaylee to go to bed without a fight at night so I started spending time with just her. I let her pick out her own book and we would read it. If Heidi tried to come listen I would tell her to leave because it was Kaylee's special time with mom. Now, I do special time with Kaylee, put her to bed, and she just stays there! We don't have any problems with her. Heidi also loves to do her own special time. Once Kakes is in bed Heidi picks a book. We do Heidi's Book of mormon reading first, then the book she picked. We then head to the bedroom, say prayer with Kaylee, and I sing them a song. They both love it. It does mean a little more work at bedtime, but we don't have to fight either of them anymore because they love doing special time.

shauna said...

I just read your brother's blog and was really intrigued by it. I even left a comment. He is probably going to think I am crazy but I really liked his opinions and stuff. Anyway, if he asks who your weird friend is that left a comment-it's me.

Michelle said...

So I decided that I am going to steal that idea. Now I just need your recipe for the pizza dough. You should post that. I decided that it would be fun to have a family game night. We'll have to see how that goes.

Katie said...

Shauna, I like the special time idea. I'll definetly do that when I have our new baby. I'm sure Everett will need that.
Michelle,
I'm glad you are going to steal my idea. I stole it from my brother so I guess that's fair. I will give you the dough and sauce recipe. You will love it and it's so easy! I also like the idea of game night. I think we might steal that from you! Thanks for your ideas guys!

Daniel and Tiffany Dunn said...

That is a cute idea! How fun! you are a natural at this blogging stuff, you need to teach me! Yes all my stuff erased. we need someone who knows how to do all that! Blogs are a good way to get to know people don't ya think? Yes those are my 3 of 4 sisters. fun!